The National Bank of Ukraine has donated 90 vehicles to the military, more than half of which are armoured cars previously used for transporting cash, it revealed on July 20.
Disposing of "non-core assets" is a part of the central bank's wider "transformation strategy", which was launched in 2014 and aimed at streamlining its operational framework and making it a more efficient regulator.
Hence the central bank is downsizing its fleet of motor vehicles and sending most of them to the military as
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency