The latest twist in the Greek saga saw prime minister Alexis Tsipras return to the negotiating table last night, but German officials will only consider restarting talks when the July 5 referendum has passed.
Greece fell into “arrears” with the International Monetary Fund after failing to repay around €1.5 billion ($1.66 billion) yesterday. Earlier in the day the Greek government submitted a surprise request for bailout funds from the European Stability Mechanism (ESM).
Meanwhile, in a letter to
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency