Policy-makers worldwide, including central bankers, are failing to tackle the most serious problems afflicting their economies due to a failure to understand how the financial and real economies interact, the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) said today (June 28).
The BIS has long called for policy-makers to take better account of financial cycles, but today's annual report goes further in linking lingering financial damage to disappointing productivity, examining the malaise of the inter
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member