Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) chief executive Norman Chan has urged Canada to take advantage of Hong Kong's unique access to Chinese capital markets as it seeks to strengthen trade ties with the world's second-largest economy.
Chan made the pitch in Toronto yesterday (June 8) at a Hong Kong Trade Development Council seminar aimed at promoting the financial centre's status as the world's pre-eminent renminbi trade hub.
"Canada could leverage on Hong Kong's role as a global hub for offshore
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research