Senior IMF official Mitsuhiro Furusawa warned "leakages" could hamper the effectiveness of macro-prudential policy today (June 8), at the Bank of Korea International Conference.
"This may occur within a country through a shift of financial activities from the regulated to the less regulated," the deputy managing director said. "It also may occur across countries, as financial market participants gravitate to less regulated jurisdictions."
This is a growing concern. Economists at the European Cen
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency