Regulators have acknowledged there may be temporary, localised shortages of the high-quality collateral needed to satisfy new margin requirements for over-the-counter derivatives.
In a report published on June 2, a joint forum of global banking, securities and insurance regulators urged their peers to "be aware of the growing need for high-quality liquid collateral to meet margin requirements for OTC derivatives sectors", and to take "appropriate steps to promote the monitoring and evaluation of
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde