ASX has seen a sharp increase in the volume of Australian dollar over-the-counter (OTC) interest rate swap clearing business in the first three months of 2015, with monthly notionals in this period six times higher than before it introduced a revamped clearing incentive scheme, and sixty times larger than in August.
Australia is the world's fifth largest OTC interest rate swap (IRS) market and has been the subject of a three-way battle for market share between global clearing houses LCH.Clearnet
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor