The European Central Bank (ECB) is "monitoring closely" potential risks to the financial system from its asset purchase programmes, president Mario Draghi told the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee of the European Parliament today.
The ECB kickstarted its programme of quantitative easing (QE) this month, which will see it spend just over €1 trillion ($1.09 billion) on a combination of asset-backed securities, covered bonds and government and agency debt by September 2016.
In his ‘monetary
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde