Central Bank of Bahrain governor Rasheed Al Maraj has given his backing to efforts designed to encourage gender equality in Bahrain's financial sector.
The central bank and Supreme Council for Women (SCW), a quasi-governmental womens' rights organisation, held a joint meeting yesterday to discuss plans for a year-long push to get more women into finance, culminating in Bahraini Women's Day on December 1.
"We urge financial institutions in Bahrain to mark the occasion by re-focusing and re
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously