Central Bank of Bahrain governor Rasheed Al Maraj has given his backing to efforts designed to encourage gender equality in Bahrain's financial sector.
The central bank and Supreme Council for Women (SCW), a quasi-governmental womens' rights organisation, held a joint meeting yesterday to discuss plans for a year-long push to get more women into finance, culminating in Bahraini Women's Day on December 1.
"We urge financial institutions in Bahrain to mark the occasion by re-focusing and re-commit
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows