The Bank of England (BoE) today announced the appointment of two executive directors, filling roles that have been left empty since August last year.
Alex Brazier is set to become executive director for financial stability strategy and risk, while Sam Woods will be executive director for insurance supervision.
The appointments were both internal promotions, but the BoE contracted headhunters Odgers Berndtson to conduct a search both inside and outside the central bank. Executive directors at the
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS