The Central Bank of Argentina governor, Alejandro Vanoli, believes Latin America needs to find a new growth model that combines sounds fiscal and monetary policies with infrastructure development.
Policy-makers should not allow fiscal consolidation to "affect" infrastructure investment, Vanoli said today, at an International Monetary Fund conference in Santiago, Chile.
He argued that central banks should consider the impact of their actions on investment when setting monetary policy, before addi
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market