Argentina is currently enjoying a period of ‘currency peace', with the peso strengthening on the illegal dollar market, after efforts from the central bank to control illegal exchange businesses.
However, some observers believe the central bank's crackdown – orchestrated by the institution's new governor, Alejandro Vanoli – is only partly responsible for the stability on the black market, citing an agreement with farmers that has injected dollars in the economy, and the issuance of a new bond as
- A dangerous moment for the Reserve Bank of India
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy