The Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect will launch on November 17, allowing investors in Hong Kong to directly trade mainland Chinese shares, securities regulators in the two jurisdictions revealed today.
Delays last month saw markets disappointed as the expected launch date came and went. But sentiment improved today, with the Hang Seng closing up 0.8% and the Shanghai Composite up 2.3%.
"The necessary trading and clearing rules and other relevant rules, the daily and aggregate quota mechanisms a
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot