The Bank of England (BoE) has recommended it be granted the power to operate two new tools that may help it maintain stability in the mortgage market.
Responding to a request by the UK's chancellor of the exchequer, George Osborne, the Financial Policy Committee (FPC), which is responsible for macro-prudential supervision, said it should be granted powers to cap loan-to-value (LTV) and debt-to-income ratios for mortgage lending.
In June, Osborne said the government planned to grant the central b
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde