Stanley Fischer argued that adding financial stability to the Federal Reserve's mandate could help it – and other US supervisors – respond to risks more efficiently, in his first speech since taking over as vice-chair at the central bank.
Fischer chose to focus on financial reforms in his maiden speech, and praised the regulators for "making significant progress in strengthening the financial system and reducing the probability of future financial crises".
He gave a positive account of the work
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart