Italian socialist Roberto Gualtieri is widely expected to succeed Sharon Bowles as chair of the European Parliament's Econ Committee next week – the organ responsible for democratic oversight of the European Central Bank (ECB).
Europe's political parties are busy horse-trading over which MEPs will be handed the key posts for the next two-and-a-half years in parliament, and this time around chair of the Econ Committee is considered a prized asset.
Gualtieri is an associate professor of contempora
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations