The Central Bank of Solomon Islands (CBSI) is "still going through internal changes and adjustments" after being handed greater independence over monetary policy last year, governor Denton Rarawa said yesterday, at the launch of its annual report for 2013.
The CBSI Act 2012, which came into force on January 1, 2013, made the central bank solely responsible for monetary policy, and changed its primary objective to "achieve and maintain domestic price stability".
Under the previous legislation, th
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?