The president of Kyrgyzstan today appointed Tolkunbek Abdygulov, head of the government department for economics and strategy development, as acting governor of the country's central bank.
Abdygulov replaces Zina Asankojoeva, the first female governor of the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic, who stepped down due to "family circumstances" last month.
At just 37 years of age, Abdygulov becomes one of the youngest governors in the world. He began working for the central bank in 1997, where he r
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security