The president of Kyrgyzstan today appointed Tolkunbek Abdygulov, head of the government department for economics and strategy development, as acting governor of the country's central bank.
Abdygulov replaces Zina Asankojoeva, the first female governor of the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic, who stepped down due to "family circumstances" last month.
At just 37 years of age, Abdygulov becomes one of the youngest governors in the world. He began working for the central bank in 1997, where he r
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- BoJ cuts inflation estimate as it holds rates
- Trump’s fiscal policy threatens emerging markets – Lagarde
- IMF report says Mauritius central bank needs clearer resolution powers
- Argentina abandons monetary financing to secure IMF support