India: A senior executive director at the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), G Gopalakrishna, has retired from his post after spending more than 33 years with the central bank.
He will now take over as director of the country's Centre for Advanced Financial Research and Learning (Cafral) – an independent body created and funded by the RBI.
Gopalakrishna has worked in a wide range of the RBI's operations during his tenure – including the regulation and supervision of the banking sector, of payment syst
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory