The Riksbank's inflation projections for 2013 missed the mark by a wider degree than outside forecasters, according to a recent report that grades the bank's performance in setting monetary policy, adding to a pattern that in the past year has seen central banks misjudge central economic developments that influence policy.
The report, which serves as the basis for a yearly examination of the bank's monetary policy performance by the Swedish parliament, also notes that the Riksbank on average did
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB