The People's Bank of China (PBoC) has widened the renminbi's daily trading band from 1% to 2% on either side of its daily reference rate, potentially allowing for greater fluctuations of the exchange rate.
The change, which came into effect today, was announced by the PBoC over the weekend with the aim of meeting "the requirements of market development, increase the intensity of market-determined exchange rate, and establish a market-based, managed floating exchange rate system". The renminbi's
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency