The Bank of England (BoE) is unlikely to start releasing Fed-like transcripts of its Monetary Policy Committee (MPC)meetings, as some committee members fear it would stifle debate by making participants wary of speaking ‘off the cuff' to avoid future retribution.
"When the MPC was first set up, we experimented with producing transcripts. But we quickly realised that the nature of the discussion - nine economists debating current economic issues - meant that the transcripts were very difficult to
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations