Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan suspended Central Bank of Nigeria governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi from his post today, and swiftly nominated a commercial bank head to take his place.
Jonathan said his decision was motivated by the "various acts of financial recklessness and misconduct" that had "characterised" Sanusi's tenure as central bank chief.
The central bank's most senior deputy governor, Sarah Alade, assumes the role of acting governor until Sanusi's term expires in June, at which poi
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations