Argentina's government yesterday announced the adoption of a new inflation index in the country, following sustained criticism from the International Monetary Fund for manipulating economic statistics and understating the rate of inflation.
The economy minister announced monthly inflation of 3.7% for January last night local time – more than three times higher than the official monthly rate a year ago. Meanwhile, Argentina's Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Censos (Indec), published a new
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- A dangerous moment for the Reserve Bank of India
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy