The Federal Reserve yesterday issued the final version of the Volcker rule in conjunction with four other Federal agencies, after more than two years of refining their initial wording of the rule aimed at stopping banks from engaging in proprietary trading, and separating them from hedge funds and private equity funds.
The five agencies that yesterday adopted the rule – which constitutes section 619 of the Dodd-Frank act – include, alongside the Fed, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FD
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?