The Bank of England's (BoE) chief cashier, Chris Salmon, today said a renminbi clearing bank would be a "valuable" addition to the United Kingdom's burgeoning offshore market for renminbi transactions.
The UK is considering setting up a clearing bank to improve liquidity in its offshore market. Sajid Javid, the economic secretary to the Treasury, stressed the importance of "appropriate" settlement and clearing arrangements at a conference on the renminbi in London today.
Salmon said there will "
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security