Bank of England (BoE) chief economist Spencer Dale will take part in a live question-and-answer (Q&A) session with the general public through Twitter tomorrow morning, expecting to field questions on monetary policy and forward guidance.
The BoE is the first central bank to attempt such a direct form of communication with the public. Central banks are increasingly using social media to release information, but few use the platforms to interact with individuals.
Dale will respond to questions thro
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says