The split between Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) members over the future of the Federal Reserve's asset purchases shows little sign of abating, with the minutes from their September meeting highlighting the challenge awaiting Janet Yellen when she takes over as Fed chair next year.
US President Barack Obama praised Yellen for her ability to build consensus as he nominated her to become the next Fed chair yesterday, saying that "she listens to competing views and brings people together arou
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency