Benoît Cœuré today warned central banks may have to adjust their operational frameworks in response to the new liquidity rules laid down in the Basel III accord, and suggested a committed liquidity facility could help reconcile the two.
Cœuré, a member of the European Central Bank (ECB) executive board, outlined a range of ways in which new liquidity regulations will affect how monetary policy is implemented in the eurozone.
He focused on the liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) – designed to ensure b
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency