The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) would expect to be consulted – along with the other Australian regulators – before any international regulators sought to mandate the clearing of Australian dollar interest rate swaps.
In July, the Australian Council of Financial Regulators – comprising the RBA, the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (Apra) and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (Asic) – called for interest rate swaps denominated in US dollars, sterling, yen or the eu
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?