The Palestine Monetary Authority (PMA) will launch a new electronic payments system, it announced this week, as it seeks to modernise retail payments across the Palestinian territories.
The new system, dubbed National Switch, will link all ATM machines in Gaza and the West Bank through one network, enabling card holders to use any machine or point of sale, regardless of which bank operates it and without any additional charge.
The central bank is seeking to minimise the use of cash and – in parti
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard