The Canadian job market has produced its most impressive monthly performance in a decade, according to a labour force survey released today, signalling a first step towards the "reconstruction of Canada's economic potential" envisaged yesterday by new central bank governor Stephen Poloz.
Poloz told the House of Commons standing committee on finance that Canada had to "return to self-sustaining, self-generating growth" by rotating demand towards net exports and investment.
Canadian employment "sh
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market