The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision's recently published monitoring tools for intra-day liquidity management leave a lot of details up to national supervisors, which risks creating greater regulatory fragmentation, according to a panel at an event today in London.
A panel discussion at Swift's London Business Forum brought together a group of directors responsible for intra-day liquidity at UK banks. Peter Lightfoot, head of positioning and collateral management in the money markets depar
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say