The Central Bank of the UAE is to introduce a direct debit payment system in the United Arab Emirates, in a move designed to eliminate the current practice of signing several post-dated cheques to pay off loans in instalments.
The new system will, said the central bank, "enable customers to make regular, automatic payments from their bank accounts towards mortgage loans or credit card payments or personal loan instalments".
The bank said the move is in line with the UAE government's strategy to
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase