Ghana: The Bank of Ghana has confirmed that acting governor Henry Wampah has been appointed governor of the central bank.
Wampah was first deputy governor until August 2012, when previous governor Kwesi Bekoe Amissah-Arthur left the central bank to become Ghana's vice-president. The central bank declined to give further details of the appointment.
Iosco: The International Organization of Securities Commissions (Iosco) has appointed Greg Medcraft, chair of the Australian Securities and Investment
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?