The Bank of Portugal yesterday moved to distance itself from an investigation launched by the country's competition authority into anti-competitive practices in the banking sector.
The Competition Authority (AdC) on Wednesday revealed details of a previously secret ongoing investigation into suspected anti-competitive coordination between a number of Portugal's banks, although it did not say which banks are under suspicion.
The AdC says the banks are suspected of falling foul of European competi
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms