The Central Bank of Ireland has released its first major analysis of cheque usage in the country – finding small businesses and consumers are the biggest contributors to Ireland remaining one of the heaviest users of cheques in the European Union.
The study is part of a National Payments Programme (NPP) being undertaken by the central bank on behalf of the ministry of finance and in conjunction with the Irish Payments Services Organisation (Ipso).
The programme has submitted a draft National Pay
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?