Figures for counterfeit euro banknotes seized in 2012 have revealed wide differences between eurozone countries, as the number of fake notes found in the eurozone as a whole climbed slightly in the second half of the year.
A total of around 531,000 counterfeit notes were discovered and removed from circulation in 2012, according to figures published by the European Central Bank (ECB) on January 10. The central bank noted the figure was 11.6% higher in the second half of the year than in the firs
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory