The South African Reserve Bank's (Sarb) new international economic relations and policy department will be headed by Daniel Bradlow when he takes up the position on February 1. Bradlow is currently a professor of law at American University Washington College of Law, and at the University of Pretoria in South Africa.
The department was formed in response to a "rapid increase" in the central bank's participation in international forums, to co-ordinate its international responsibilities and help sh
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say