The governor and deputy governors of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) have taken on new responsibilities following the departure of deputy governor Subir Gokarn, whose term expired on December 31.
The nine departments previously overseen by Gokarn have been split between the remaining three deputy governors and the governor, in addition to their existing duties. Governor Duvvuri Subbarao will oversee the Department of Economic and Policy Research, Department of Statistics and Information Manageme
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS