Bank regulators should reduce the gulf between banks' risk-weighted asset (RWA) numbers by reining-in modelling choices. Other options – such as returning to notional loan numbers or a single regulatory formula – are not workable, according to Steve Bennett, executive director for the Pan-European Credit Data Consortium (PECDC), speaking at Risk USA in New York on November 14. The PECDC is a non-profit, bank-run venture that pools loss data for its members.
RWA comparability has become a content
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency