The Bank of England has created a new management position, in anticipation of the increased workload for the governor and deputy governors as they take on new prudential regulation responsibilities in the coming year.
The new chief operating officer will work alongside the deputy governors, assuming responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Bank of England's operations, including oversight of finance, human resources and IT functions. "This will allow the governor and deputy governors
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research