The International Monetary Fund (IMF) today (September 14) called on the Serbian government to take measures to restore fiscal sustainability and support the ailing economy.
The conclusions of the IMF fact-finding mission, which took place from September 10–14, painted a bleak picture of the Serbian economy. "Serbia's economic outlook is clouded by weak economic conditions and sizeable domestic and external imbalances," said Zuzana Murgasova, the mission's chief.
Areas of concern included GDP, w
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- BoJ cuts inflation estimate as it holds rates
- Trump’s fiscal policy threatens emerging markets – Lagarde
- Central banks need a consistent approach to accounting for monetary gold
- Central bank-issued digital currency threatens privacy – BoI official