The Spanish Treasury on September 12 increased the endowment of the Fund for Orderly Bank Restructuring (Frob) by €6 billion ($7.7 billion), as the Fund prepared to implement further bailouts.
The additional funding will bring the Frob's total funding to €15 billion, in addition to an initial €30 billion agreed upon by European leaders in July and drawn from the European Financial Stability Facility. "As a result, the Frob now has greater financial capacity to achieve its purposes," a statement
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase