The Spanish Fund for Orderly Bank Restructuring (Frob) on September 3 revealed the first tranche of bailout funds that are to be injected into the BFA-Bankia Group, the parent company of failed financial institution Bankia.
The Frob announced that it would provide an initial €4.5 billion ($5.7 billion) of funding to restore the Group's regulatory capital levels. The Frob said the injection was an advance on the overall programme of financial assistance, the total amount of which is to be decided
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair