The secretary of the Indian government's department of economic affairs, Arvind Mayaram, was on August 7 appointed to the Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) central board of directors.
Mayaram took over from R Gopalan as both secretary of economic affairs and a member of the RBI's central board of directors, after Gopalan retired from the two positions on July 31. Mayaram previously held the posts of special secretary and financial adviser in the department of rural development.
The new director is o
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?