The World Gold Council (WGC) on July 19 released its quarterly statistical commentary on gold investment, in which it argued that disinflation could cause gold prices to rise.
The report said that although gold prices in most currencies had declined since the first quarter, they nevertheless increased 4.4% in the first half of the year. "Gold generally outperformed risk assets," the WGC said.
The report argued that, while falling prices can reduce gold demand due to the metal's use as an inflati
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations