The Luxembourg government has nominated Gaston Reinesch, a finance ministry official, to take over as director-general of the Central Bank of Luxembourg once Yves Mersch leaves to join the executive board of the European Central Bank (ECB).
Mersch's appointment to the top committee of the ECB has yet to be ratified by European Union institutions meaning his departure date from the national central bank has yet to be set.
Reinesch is a director-general at the Ministry of Finance and a member of t
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor