The Bank of Namibia on June 26 offered a 50,000 Namibian dollar ($5,950) reward for information leading to the arrest of the "main culprit" behind the production of counterfeit notes discovered since the launch of the country's new currency series last month.
The bank said that 19 counterfeit notes with a face value of N$1,720 had been seized so far. The quality of the notes was "poor", according to the central bank.
"The matter remains under investigation, but some suspects were already apprehe
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor