The general board of the European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB) today (June 21) held its sixth regular meeting in which increasing market volatility and uncertainty were the focus.
In a statement released after the meeting, the ESRB said that since the previous board meeting in March the situation had deteriorated. "Notwithstanding mitigating factors, such as the provision of central bank liquidity and recapitalisation initiatives, systemic risk remains high," said the board.
Noting the rising borr
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations